UNITED for Intercultural Action is organising a series of online workshops on online privacy and safety, with the financial support of the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe. The workshops aim to increase the capacity of human rights activists and their organisations in protecting their privacy online and to develop a manual offering relevant knowledge and tips for this target group.
Participants who fully participate in the workshop will receive a certificate from UNITED. The training is fully supported no fees apply!
Even though the youth work field adapted quickly to the challenges of post-2020 and has used online platforms comfortably, it is still important to be aware of the risks of the online world when it comes to privacy and security.
Join the introduction of the manual: “My privacy – your safety” created for activists, youth workers, human rights organisations workers and volunteers during a series of workshops organised by United for Intercultural Action, and learn how to better protect your privacy online! 💻
Programme and Dates
Please enter the details on the form below, and you will get an email with the Zoom link.
📍Timing of the event (choose the one that works for you!):
✅ 21st September 10.30-14.00
✅ 21st September 16.00-19.30
1. The need of the manual – Why is it necessary? What are online threats and what are the risks? + Q&A (45 mins)
2. Introduction of the manual – How was it prepared? How can you use it? + Q&A (45 mins)
3. Detailed introduction of the manual – presenting the details of the manual + Q&A (45 mins)
🎤 Question and answer sessions will accompany every session.
You can read the detailed programme here:
Who can apply?
There are two basic criteria for selection:
- To be a resident of one of the member states of the Council of Europe
- To have experience in online human rights activism and a strong interest in online privacy and safety
Geographical and gender balance will be taken into consideration in the selection process. As the activity aims to empower youth, priority is given to applicants under 30, but we also encourage every age group to apply.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, fill in and submit the below application form until 20th September 2021, 18:00 CET.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org