UNITED for Intercultural Action is the European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants, refugees and minorities. Together with over 560 supporter organisations all around Europe, ranging from local grassroots associations to national and international NGOs, UNITED coordinates campaigns, organises conferences, takes part in projects, produces publications and undertakes advocacy work to protest against discrimination and promote our shared vision for a diverse and inclusive society.
UNITED has a strong online presence through its website, online campaigns, and various social media channels. Since we interact with a diverse audience, we emphasize needing well-designed visual communication material for our promotional materials and overall online presence.
Are you an aspiring graphic designer, passionate about the cause of anti-racism, and looking to contribute your skills to the cause? Apply to be our intern!
As the media and graphic design intern, your activities will include:
- Graphic Design – Creating of content for social media, web and print.
- Support with designs needed for publications such as toolkits or annual reports
- Photography – (pending on the COVID-19 situation) taking eye-catching pictures of our conferences, participants, and activities
- Videography and editing (if applicable) – creating videos for workshops, programs, events and other activities
- Experience and education in graphic design, photography and/or videography
- Adobe Illustrator, Indesign skills (or other relevent other design programs)
- Branding and creative strategy skills
- Ability to work independently
- A strong interest in issues of anti-racism
The primary areas of involvement will be with Communications and Campaigns, with ad hoc support provided for other areas of UNITED.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide any remuneration for this internship. However, should you require it, we can provide support for course credit.
The location will be remote. The duration is minimum 3 months, around 5-10 hours a week or as needed. The timings may vary according to upcoming events.
Deadline for applications: 10th March, 2021.