Call for Applications to be Part of UNITED’s Campaign Preparation Group
Are you passionate about antiracism, antifascism, and promoting diversity and inclusion? Do you have experience of campaigning? Do you want to assist one of the largest European NGO networks with Europe-wide initiatives to tackle discrimination and prejudice? Apply to be a member of UNITED’s Campaign Preparation Group!
Every year, UNITED for Intercultural Action, the European network against nationalism, racism and fascism and in support of migrants and refugees, coordinates a series of international campaigning initiatives to bring European civil society organisations together with a common message. Through our European Action Week Against Racism, International Day Against Fascism and Antisemitism, and International Refugee Day campaigns, UNITED has been empowering grassroots groups and engaging citizens all over Europe for twenty-five years.
Ideas for our campaigns always comes from grassroots activists present at UNITED’s biannual network conferences. But we also need talented, creative people to help turn these ideas into concrete campaign materials, and engage organisations around Europe to take part in the campaigns. That is why we are now recruiting activists from around Europe to form a Campaign Preparation Group (CPG) to assist with the implementation of our antiracist campaigns in 2019.
As a member of the CPG, you will work with other young activists from all over Europe to design and implement a series of Europe-wide campaigns that tackle racism and discrimination. An 3-day international meeting will be organized in Budapest, Hungary in November 2018 for the selected CPG members as the first planning meeting of the team.
The CPG will bring together activists with a diverse range of skills from different parts of Europe.
Your role will include:
– Attending two UNITED network conferences and listening to the views and input of young antiracist activists from all over Europe
– Working with other CPG members to discuss the issues at the heart of the campaign and come up with concrete campaign proposals
– Planning the structure of the campaign highlights and producing campaign materials for online and offline actions
– Liaising with organisations in your home country and internationally to engage them in the campaign
– Evaluating each stage of the campaign and providing feedback for future CPGs
Personal Specifications (Required):
– Enthusiasm and passion for the values of the UNITED network
– Ability to speak and write in English
– Experience of working or volunteering with an NGO active in one of the working fields of UNITED
– Knowledge of the issues at the heart of UNITED’s campaigns
– Ability and willingness to work as part of a diverse, international team
Personal Specifications (Preferred):
– Ability to speak and write in other European languages (especially German, French, Russian)
– Experience of working on local, national, or international campaigns
– Experience of organising activities as part of UNITED campaigns, or working on the preparation of a UNITED conference
– Skills useful for campaigning (copywriting, graphic design, videomaking, social media, web design etc.)
As a member of the CPG, you will be expected to attend the planning meeting in November 2018 in Budapest, Hungary and you will need to dedicate an average of around 2-3 hours per week on implementing the campaigns throughout 2019. The position is undertaken on a voluntary basis.
If you are interested in being part of the CPG, please fill in this form by 10 September 2018. For more information, please write an e-mail to our CPG-coordinator, Eszter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.