UNITED is opening the opportunity for delegates of UNITED supporter organisations to become members of UNITED’s Youth Advisory Board.
Role of the Youth Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is responsible for setting strategic direction for the UNITED network, based on the network organisations’ needs and objectives. Board members take part in decision-making processes, guiding quality improvement, assessing effectiveness of UNITED activities, as well as offering innovative advice and dynamic perspectives.
Structure of the Youth Advisory Board
The Advisory Board will consist of 5-7 international members who are delegates of supporter organisations. 70% of the delegates will be selected from applicants under the age of 30. Gender and geographical balance will be taken into consideration.
Mandate: The mandate of Board is two years.
- Active role in strategic planning and decision-making
- Continuous cooperation with the UNITED Secretariat
- Providing expert insight in key areas of UNITED’s activities
- Assessing effectiveness of UNITED’s activities
- Representation of the network at international platforms
- Offering advice on fundraising strategies
Board Members are expected to allocate appr. 10 hours per month to contribute to the work of UNITED and attend regular meetings (both personal and online).
The position is voluntary, no financial compensation is offered to the members.
- Being a member/volunteer of a supporter organisation of UNITED
- Enthusiasm and passion for the values of the UNITED network
- Ability to speak and write professionally in English
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a diverse, international team
Applicants are required to fill in the application form and attach their CV highlighting their relevant experience. Board members will be selected by the current Board of UNITED until 22 May 2018.
Deadline for nomination: 20 May 2018.