Within the OutSport Project the partners have agreed to organise an international training course for 4 countries (Italy, Austria, Scotland and Hungary) in order to develop the capacity of project partners in relation to using education through sport methods in promoting an LGBTQI inclusive sport environment in all levels of sport (grass root sport, school sport and elite sport) as well as to prepare the national educational activities and infodays.
The educational objectives of the training course are:
- To have a clear understanding of the project „Outsport“, its objectives and expected outcomes,
- To understand mechanisms of discrimination in sport based on sexual orientation and gender identity,
- To share practices of tackling discrimination in sport,
- To build common understanding of the educational approach to achieve equal rights in sport, and how to address discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation,
- To share and develop practices and specific exercises that address the issues of today,
- To support participants in preparing the national training activities,
- To plan support and mentoring for the national trainer teams for the implementation process of the national training courses,
Profile of participants
The selected participants are expected to have:
- a strong educational background (experience in teaching, training and/or pedagogical degree)
- experience in or openness to working with gender identity and sexual orientation issues,
- a very good level of English language skills,
- readiness to take part in the whole duration of the training course and to deliver national training activities with the national partner organisation.
- Selected participants must come from one of the 4 participating countries and speak the national language fluently.
Dates and venue: 5-9 October 2017, Budapest, Hungary
Deadline for applications: 25th August 2017.
Selected participants will be informed by the 31st August by email.
You can fill in the application form here.
The training course will start on the 5th October (Thursday) with lunch and will finish on the 9th October (Monday) with lunch. Travel costs of selected participants will be covered by the sending partner organisations. Participants should arrive to the venue of the training course in Budapest until 13.00 o’clock on the 5th October, and departures are asked to be planned from 15.00 o’clock on the 9th October. Participation in the training activity is free of charge. As a general principle we would like to ensure a group of diversity including different gender identities and sexual orientations.
Each of the 4 partners are sending 3 participants to the training activity. The training activity is based on a full time boarding which means that participants are expected to be present in the full duration of the training course including staying in the hotel the 4 overnights.